An In-depth Journey into Your Precious Human Body
with Nancy Ruby E-RYT500, LMT
and Ali Ramirez, DPT, YM E-RYT200
WED – SUN, FEB 28 – MAR 4
Advanced Training for Teachers:
40 contact hours for RYS300 students
Continuing Education Credit for certified instructors – choose from the workshops below.
Advanced Education for Students:
Deepen your personal practice and expand your knowledge of the human biology.
Be a powerful force in your own healthcare.
Choose from the workshops below.
For certified yoga teachers, this course provides supplemental, specialized training in yoga to support the major physiological and energetic systems of the body along with refined functional movement patterns. You will gain the skills and formatting to offer an educational signature course to your own students.
For yoga students with one or more years of experience, this course provides the tools to create a personalized yoga practice that meets your individual needs and interests. Deepening your knowledge of your own anatomy and physiology will give you the confidence to make wise choices on your path to living well. Choose to attend any or all of the workshops.
Students will learn about the most common imbalances and injuries of the low back, hips and knees and ankles, neck and shoulders. We will address both preventative and curative yoga practices for these areas.
Students will learn the form and function of each physiological system gaining the ability to educate others through simple presentations and practices applying the benefits of yoga for healing and maintenance.
A series of 10 workshops with the complete course being cumulative in its presentation.
Wednesday 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- Introductions and Overview
- Levels of Organization
- Elements of Nature Within
- Integumentary and Fascial Systems
- Myofascial Movement and Release Practice
Wednesday 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Attributes of the Musculoskeletal System
- Identifying your Anatomy – Palpation and Visualization
Thursday 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Experiential Yoga Practice
- Examining Low Back Pain
Thursday 1:30 – 6:00 pm
- Common Causes of Hip Pain
- What Can You Do About It?
- Remedial Practices and Integration of Yoga Asana
Friday 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Understanding the Urinary and Digestive Systems
- Yoga Practice for Healthy Digestion
- The Nervous System and the Brain Gut Connection
Friday 1:30 – 6:00 pm
- The Power of Breath – Strengthening your Respiratory System
- Getting to the Heart of the Matter – Cardiovascular System
Saturday 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Know your Knees, Align Your Ankles
- Yoga Applications
- Asana Practice and Integration
Saturday 1:30 – 6:00 pm
- Keys to Balancing Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Mindful Movement Practice
Sunday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- The Endocrine System and Building Immunity
- Yoga Practice
- Course Review with Q & A
Sunday 1:00 – 4:00 pm (For Teachers only)
- Discussion, Practicum and Course Design
Home Study Options
Includes a take-home exam to refine your articulation of the physiological and elemental systems of the human body. You will also be guided in designing a 4 – 8 week educational course for physical health and well-being.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE BELOW
Sweet Zenith Studio
77700 Gallatin Road
FULL TRAINING FEE
$750 register here >>>
YogaMotion RYS300 students receive a discount with our Shakti Pass options here >>>
SINGLE WORKSHOP OPTION
$80 per 4.5 hour session – $40 for 2 hour Wednesday evening session
Workshops are open to single drop-ins as space allows. Contact us to inquire.
There will be a $75 administration fee on any cancellations. No refunds will be given after February 15, 2018.