A facilitator of health and well being
The Yoga Teacher serves as a guide or mentor in the journey of healing and self-discovery.
Rather than offering a diagnosis or prescription for a specific condition, the yoga teacher creates a safe learning environment where the student can remember his/her own innate healing resources.
The goal of Yoga as medicine is to empower your healing process thus becoming a partner in one’s movement towards balance, self-discovery and healing on all levels: Physical, Energetic, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual.
“As the student strives to become a master, the master recognizes that she will always be a student.”
WHAT AMERICANS WANT:
- To be safe.
- To be happy.
- To have fun.
- To eat delicious food.
- To be attractive.
- To be successful.
- To like themselves.
- To be liked by others.
- To protect their family and friends.
- To be free from pain.
WHAT YOGA TEACHES US:
- To listen and trust in our body wisdom and intuition.
- To find joy in the journey.
- To be comfortable in our own skin, wherever we are.
- To eat mindfully for the regeneration of our health.
- To feel vibrant.
- To be Prana rich!
- To feel gratitude for life’s many blessings.
- To embrace our personal self care.
- To be a nice person – to respond v.s. react.
- To protect yourself from the inside out.
- To be strong and flexible in body and mind.
- To be free from suffering.
One weekend a month for nine months
September 2016 – May 2017