Our Yoga Teacher Certification Program is taught through nine modular courses as outlined below. Whether you enroll in the 5-Week Immersion or the 9-month Weekend Course, the curriculum will remain the same.
Modules One through Three offers you quality guidance and support in expertly developing your personal practice, knowledge, and skills for sharing the full spectrum of yoga through the LIFE ENRICHMENT COURSE.
Refine your teaching skills through the Modules Four through Nine for TEACHER CERTIFICATION focusing on assessment, communication and presentation techniques for a wide variety of demographics.
The YOGAMOTION TEACHER TRAINING enables you to provide a deeper integration with the true spirit and essence of yoga offering a broad array of tools to enhance well being on all levels: physical, energetic, psycho-emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. Be of service in your own community as a professional educator in holistic health and wellness.
Once you have completed all nine modules and home study assignments, you will receive Teacher Certification from YogaMotion as well as National Registry with Yoga Alliance.
Daily Schedule: 5-week Summer Immersion
Mondays – Thursdays 8:00 – 12:00 and 1:30 – 5:30
Fridays 8:00 – 12:00
Daily Schedule: 9-month Weekend Module Course
Fridays 4:00 – 8:00
Saturdays and Sundays 8:30 – 12:30 & 2:00 – 6:00
Growing Your Roots
- Annamayakosha – the Physical Body
- History & Philosophy of Yoga
- Relaxation & Breathing Techniques
- Yoganatomy of the Core
- Developing Postural Alignment
- Designing Your Personal Practice
Awakening the Flow
- Pranamayakosha – the Energy Body
- Pranayama Langhana – Gentle Power of Breath
- Universal Principles of Alignment
- Yoganatomy of Hips & Legs
- Standing & Balancing Postures
- Developing Strength and Grace
- Manomayakosha – the Emotional Body
- Integrating the Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Sankalpa – Setting Intention
- Yoganatomy of the Spine & Pelvis
- Forward Bends & Hip Openers
- Develop Your Will and Determination
“A positive experience – my knowledge of yoga was limited even though I taught 4 classes a week. I have increased my knowledge of how to put my students into postures and what to look for to help them improve. My own practice has improved dramatically. I feel more confident in teaching.”
Pat Ashe Butte, Montana
Savoring the Essence
- Vijnanamayakosha – the Wisdom Body
- Designing a Meditation Practice
- Pranayama Brahmana – Channeling Life Force
- Yoganatomy of Chest & Shoulders
- Backbending Postures & Twists
- Developing Core Beliefs
- Anandamayakosha – Body of Bliss
- Sutras, Mantras and Mudras
- Journey into the Chakras
- Yoganatomy of the Organs and Glands
- Introducing Inversions
- Developing Compassionate Communication
- Therapeutic Applications of Yoga
- Restorative Yoga Techniques
- Alignment Refinement
- Yoganatomy Review
- Creating Ritual
- Developing Your Personal Vision
“This training has been wonderfully positive on many levels. First, the high quality of the Instructors, their professionalism and organization and clarity with which the knowledge is transmitted has been very helpful. Secondly, the circle of support and new friendships formed are precious gifts. The training definitely addresses the whole person, not only the physical aspect, but the emotional and spiritual as well. I am very grateful for this incomparable experience.”
Anne-Marie Dall’Agata Wilmette, IL
- Refining Assessment Skills
- Healing Touch and Adjustments
- Sequencing and Transitions
- Applied Anatomy in Asana
- The Art and Science of Presentation
- Developing Your Teaching Style
Holding the Container
- Special Population Programs
…Prenatal, Kids, Family and Seniors
- Introducing Advanced Postures
- Hands on Enhancement
- Ethics and Professional Guidelines
- Developing Yoga Education
Living in Balance
- The Business of Yoga
- Inspiring Sacred Celebrations
- Refining Observation Skills
- Articulating the Essence of Yoga
- Hands-on Enhancement
- Teacher Presentations
Home Study Curriculum
The Yogamotion Training is supplemented with Home Study Packets to enhance your own practice, building the cornerstone to creative and authentic expertise. Designed for accelerated learning, each principle and technique introduced in the Modules will be reviewed through an outline of various reading, writing, and practicing assignments, as well as teaching opportunities. Expect to dedicate ten – twenty hours each month to integrate the teachings of yoga into your life.
The YogaMotion Training will equip you with the technical and philosophical fundamentals for teaching safe and dynamic yoga classes, workshops, and retreats. You’ll receive detailed instruction on a practical approach to yoga postures, breath control, mindfulness meditation, and the art of teaching. The whole-brain education techniques developed by Nancy Ruby include a balance of personal practice, lecture and discussion, communication skills, interactive workshops, student teaching and videotaping. Emphasis is placed on creating an atmosphere of self-paced progress in both practicing and living yoga. You’ll learn how to set appropriate intentions for yourself and your students, so you can embrace the experience with earnest dedication.
What You’ll Learn
- Study, design and improve your own yoga practice.
- Embark on your own personal process of healing and discovery.
- Form the knowledge, ability and necessary confidence for becoming an effective and inspirational YogaMotionTeacher.
- Build a foundational understanding of structural alignment and anatomy of movement.
- Develop assessment skills for working with students and their injuries or limitations.
- Integrate the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of yoga into your lifestyle and assist your students in this discovery.
- Learn effective communication skills and presentation techniques to connect with your students.
- Gain a greater understanding of the full spectrum of yoga.
The course study topics and scope of information given is incredible! Organization A+. Nancy has a wealth of experience, training and knowledge that she so graciously choose to share. I learned so much and am so glad I did this – it was perfect!
Harriet Alterowitz – Missoula, MT