YogaMotion’s Teacher Certification Program is taught through nine modules as outlined below.
Modules 1 – 3 offer you quality guidance and support for enriching your own life through personal practice, a broad spectrum education, and lifestyle skills integrating the full spectrum of yoga .
You will refine your professional teaching skills in Modules 4 – 9 focusing on assessment, communication and presentation techniques serving a wide variety of demographics.
The YOGAMOTION TEACHER CERTIFICATION enables you to provide a deeper integration with the true spirit and essence of yoga offering a broad array of tools to enhance well being on all levels: physical, energetic, psycho-emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. Be of service in your own community as a professional educator in holistic health and well-being
Once you have completed all 180 classroom hours and home study assignments, you will receive your 200 hour Certification from YogaMotion and the ability to apply to the National Registry with Yoga Alliance as a RYT200 – registered Yoga teacher.
WINTER 2018 TRAINING (6 months):
January – June 2018
1st Immersion – Modules 1 and 2: January 10 – 15
Module 3: February 9 – 11
Module 4: March 9 – 11
Module 5: April 6 – 8
Module 6: May 4 – 6
Module 7: June 1- 3
Final Immersion – Modules 8 – 9 : June 27 – July 1
Wednesday 1:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Download a WINTER 2018 detailed schedule here>>>
Fall 2018 (9 months):
September 2018 – May 2019
One Weekend per month for 9 months:
Friday 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Download a current FALL 2017-2018 detailed schedule here >>>
Schedule your 20-minute complementary Clarity Call Today.
Growing Your Roots
- Annamayakosha – The Physical Body
- History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Relaxation and Breathing Techniques
- Yoganatomy for Functional Alignment
- Developing Core Connections
- Designing Your Personal Practice
Awakening the Flow
- Pranamayakosha – The Energy Body
- Pranayama Langhana – Gentle Power of Breath
- Universal Principles of Alignment
- Yoganatomy of Hips and Legs
- Standing and Balancing Postures
- Developing Strength and Grace
- Manomayakosha – The Emotional Body
- Integrating the Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Sankalpa – Setting Intention
- Yoganatomy of the Trunk and Spine
- Forward Bends and Hip Openers
- Developing Will and Determination
“A positive experience – my knowledge of yoga was limited even though I taught 4 classes a week. I have increased my knowledge of how to put my students into postures and what to look for to help them improve. My own practice has improved dramatically. I feel more confident in teaching.”
Pat Ashe Butte, Montana
Savoring the Essence
- Vijnanamayakosha – The Wisdom Body
- Student Teaching Exchange
- Intro to Yoga Nidra
- Yoganatomy of Chest and Shoulders
- Heart Openers, Backbends and Twists
- Developing Heart-centered Beliefs
- Anandamayakosha – The Bliss Body
- Sutras, Mantras and Mudras
- Journey through the Chakras
- Yoganatomy of the Organs and Glands
- Introducing Inversions
- Developing the Essence of our True Nature
- Refining Insight and Eyesight
- Restorative Yoga Techniques
- Implementing Yoga Nidra
- Compassionate Communication Skills
- Creating Daily Rituals
- Developing Your Personal Vision
“Seek the grandest version of the greatest vision of who you choose to be.”
– Neale Donald Walsch
- Refining Assessment Skills
- Healing Touch and Adjustments
- Sequencing and Transitions
- Applied Anatomy in Asana
- The Art and Science of Presentation
- Developing Your Teaching Style
Holding the Container
- Special Population Programs
…Prenatal, Kids, Family and Seniors
- Introducing Advanced Postures
- Hands on Enhancement
- Ethics and Professional Guidelines
- Developing Yoga Education
Living in Balance
- The Business of Yoga
- Inspiring Sacred Celebrations
- Refining Observation Skills
- Articulating the Essence of Yoga
- Hands-on Enhancement
- Teacher Presentations
“This training has been wonderfully positive on many levels. First, the high quality of the Instructors, their professionalism and organization and clarity with which the knowledge is transmitted has been very helpful. Secondly, the circle of support and new friendships formed are precious gifts. The training definitely addresses the whole person, not only the physical aspect, but the emotional and spiritual as well. I am very grateful for this incomparable experience.”
Anne-Marie Dall’Agata, Wilmette, IL
Home Study Curriculum
The Yogamotion Training is supplemented with Guided Home Study Packets to enhance your own practice, building the cornerstone to creative and authentic expertise. Designed for accelerated learning, each principle and technique introduced in the Modules will be reviewed through an outline of various reading, writing, and practicing assignments, as well as teaching opportunities.
The YogaMotion Training will equip you with the technical and philosophical fundamentals for teaching safe and dynamic yoga classes, workshops, and retreats. You’ll receive detailed instruction on a practical approach to yoga postures, breath control, mindfulness meditation, and the art of teaching. The whole-brain education techniques developed by Nancy Ruby include a balance of personal practice, lecture and discussion, communication skills, interactive workshops, student teaching and videotaping. Emphasis is placed on creating an atmosphere of self-paced progress in both practicing and living yoga. You’ll learn how to set appropriate intentions for yourself and your students, so you can embrace the experience with earnest dedication.
What You’ll Learn
During this course you will:
- Study, design and improve your own yoga practice.
- Embark on your own personal process of healing and discovery.
- Form the knowledge, ability and necessary confidence for becoming an effective and inspirational YogaMotionTeacher.
- Build a foundational understanding of structural alignment and anatomy of movement.
- Develop assessment skills for working with students and their injuries or limitations.
- Integrate the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of yoga into your lifestyle and assist your students in their discovery.
- Learn effective communication skills and presentation techniques to connect with your students.
- Gain a greater understanding of the full spectrum of yoga.
The course study topics and scope of information given is incredible! Organization A+. Nancy has a wealth of experience, training and knowledge that she so graciously choose to share. I learned so much and am so glad I did this – it was perfect!
Harriet Alterowitz – Missoula, MT